Topic-icon Application in proper order? Ceratec then M02S?

Mehr
07 Mai 2015 17:54 #460 von SyN
Here in the states Oil additives are some what disliked... I recently bought a 2014 Ram pickup with a 5.7L Hemi with a very complex MDS lifter system... Many owners have said this system needs an oil with a decent amount of Moly or Zinc or a very good anti-wear package within the oil... To keep these Lifters from malfunctioning-->Be it a poor design or lack of oil flow...

I assume from doing a fair amount of reading...My question is--->
1...To achieve the best results if I use Ceratec first I stick with using Ceratec and never MO2S?
or
2...Should I use Ceratec first for 5K to 8K miles then switch to M02S?

I will be using a mixture of 5Qts of M1 EP 0W-20 & 2Qts of M1 HM 5W-30 to add a large amount of Zinc as well as a fair amount of Moly/Boron to help with the Anti-Wear package...
3...Will the Ceratec or MO2S react well with the M1 oils? I really don't want to cause any unforeseen Chemical Reaction that will form any type of Acid or Sludge within the New 5.7L

Thank You
Lonnie

2014 Ram 5.7L Hemi 8speed 3:92 gears
2008 Ford F150 5.4L 3V
2006 Audi A4 2.0T
2012 Ford Edge 3.5L V6

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
11 Mai 2015 11:24 #463 von LiquiMoly
Dear Lonnie,

our products " CERA TEC " and " OIL ADDITIVE " can be used with all commercially available engine oils. The specified dose should be maintained.

In this case - a 2014er Dodge RAM - we recommend "CERA TEC" since it is a relatively new, modern engine.
CERA TEC is here more powerful than the Oil additive.

Best regards

Mehr
11 Mai 2015 23:42 #465 von SyN
So! I should just stick to using Ceratec...

I am doing 6K-8K mile OCI... Changing the oil once before summer and once before winter.

After the initial treatment of 300ml--->
1..Do I need to wait till I accumulate 30K-50K miles before I add another treatment?

2..Can an owner add 150ml with every oil change?

Even though my oil sump holds 7qts I am only going to add 300ml the first treatment...

2008 Ford F150 5.4L 3V
2006 Audi A4 2.0T
2012 Ford Edge 3.5L V6

Mehr
12 Mai 2015 09:01 #467 von LiquiMoly
Dear Lonnie,

LIQUI MOLY CERA TEC should be added into the fresh engine oil directly after the oil change with a ideal dosage of approx. 7% volume. So for 7qts / = 6,6 liters ) the right volume of Cera Tec is 460 ml.

Please add the Cera Tec after every oil change in the right dosage to get the maximum benefit and performance.

Best regards

Mehr
12 Mai 2015 16:25 #469 von SyN
Pardon my ignorance on your reply but it has be a bit confused.

I can understand adding MO2S in the correct dosage every oil change.

Am I understanding this correct that the Ceratec coats {forms} a protective layer that will last for 20K-30K miles? If so---->Why would I need to add it every single oil change.. This would make every oil change Very Expensive...

I have been a member of BITOG for over 12 years seeing many members use your products and post within the forum e-mails they have sent and received back from your company... Many of those e-mails showed different Liqui Moly Techs giving different answers of advice for the same products... Especially with the Ceratec!

I do appreciate your time to respond to my questions but I will wait to use this product until I do alot more research on the application procedure for the Ceratec.

2008 Ford F150 5.4L 3V
2006 Audi A4 2.0T
2012 Ford Edge 3.5L V6

Mehr
13 Mai 2015 10:22 #472 von LiquiMoly
Dear Lonnie,

if you do an oil change and CERA TEC is within the used engine oil, the solid particles of CERA TEC will flush out with the used motor oil. If you than add the new motor oil without CERA TEC, the engine will have not this wear protection, because the necessary solid particles are missing.

Best regards

Moderatoren: LiquiMolyLIQUI MOLY